In the celebration of the 85th edition of the Fête des Vendanges de Montmartre, the 18th district pays a festive and fraternal tribute to Peace, marking the end of the centenary celebrations of the First World War.
During 5 days, the 8 areas of the 18th district will unify around the Festival, offering a rich programme for the broader public. La Fête des Vendanges de Montmartre will expand the frontiers of La Butte Montmartre one more time this year. An occasion to strongly affirm its originality and identity all around the 18th district in a cultural mix, reflecting the image of its richness and diversity.
Peace needs to be cultivated and cherished collectively. From October 10 to 14, la Fête des Vendanges de Montmartre and all the 18th district will celebrate Peace.
- More than 1200 children of Paris 18th district will be our first messengers of Peace. They will express it together at the Festival opening with a hip hop choreography “The hands sign Peace” as well as with the Choir “Grand Choeur” at the foot of the Sacré-Coeur Basilica.
- Paris and especially Paris 18th district are emblematic of the cuisines of the world and fashion. At “La Goutte d’Or », tastes and colours will unify in a beautiful harmony. The “Parcours du Goût” will wear colours of Peace and offer tastes and flavours from here and abroad.
- Le Ban des Vendanges and the Grand Défilé of the societies will celebrate peace in a joyful and festive atmosphere. Tradition and modernity will unify in a colourful and fraternal stroll. Many other collective events will come to symbolise peace in different ways.
- Yarn bombing, a very peaceful street-art expression, will show an original path through the “Grandes Carrières” district.
- The new music festival « Décibels Vendanges » will take place during 4 days in the bars of the 18th district.
- To celebrate brotherhood, the new event “Le Banquet Républicain” will be organised at the Espace-Glisse porte de la Chapelle, a huge skatepark.
- Another peaceful meeting “Namaste Montmartre”, a yoga class open to everybody, will take place on the Louise Michel square.
- And to close this festive week, we will dance at the foot of the Sacré-Coeur Basilica: “I have a dream” with the Bal de la Paix.
The Fête des Vendanges de Montmartre 2018: a beautiful adventure which will gather 150 events. Whether small or big, they will offer a rich diversity. People from the 18th district, parisians, Ile-de-France people, and tourists from all around the world will participate to this happy “rendez-vous”.