In the celebration of the 86th edition of the Fête des Vendanges de Montmartre, the 18th district pays a tribute to colors.
During 5 days, From October 9th to 13th, the 8 areas of the 18th district will unify around the Festival, offering a rich programme for the broader public. La Fête des Vendanges de Montmartre will expand the frontiers of La Butte Montmartre one more time this year. An occasion to strongly affirm its originality and identity all around the 18th district in a cultural mix, reflecting the image of its richness and diversity.
The Fête des Vendanges de Montmartre 2019: a colorful adventure which will offer 150 events. Whether small or big, they will propose a rich diversity. People from the 18th district, parisians, Ile-de-France inhabitants, and tourists from all around the world will participate in this happy “rendez-vous”.
- Paris and especially its 18th district is emblematic of world cuisine and fashion.. The “Parcours du Goût”, open from Friday, October 11th to Sunday, October 13th, will be highly colourful and will offer tastes and flavours from here and abroad.
- All the week long, more than 1300 steps of the Montmartre famous staircases will be painted by the school children of 18th district and an artistic collective.
- Let yourself be moved around Grandes Carrières District by Mademoiselle Maurice street artist expressions through papers-folding.
- For the second year, the “Decibels Vendanges” festival will present the French emerging music scene during 4 days, taking place in 5 bars in the 18th district.
- Le Grand Défilé and le Ban des Vendanges of the vine and other brotherhoods will offer you a colourful show in a joyful and festive atmosphere, where tradition and modernity will unify in a fraternal parade. Many other collective events will come to symbolise colours in different ways.
- More than 1200 children of Paris 18th district will be our first colour palette. They will open the Festival like a rainbow with a whirling choreography of juggler Mister O as well as with the tones of “Grand Choeur” at the foot of the Sacré-Coeur Basilica.
- A night run will take place on Thursday, October 10th in the streets of Montmartre, with hundreds of fluorescent runners.
- On Friday, October 11th, a dance performance, called “Vendredi”, will be organized along the promenade Nathalie Sarraute.
- On Sunday, October 13th, a moment of sharing is organized with a citizen picnic at the Espace-Glisse porte de la Chapelle, a huge skatepark.
- And for the closing of this festive week, come and dance under a rainbow of colours at the foot of the Sacré-Coeur Basilica !
… and many more events. Full program HERE