From the 7th to the 11th of October, the 87th edition of La Fête des Vendanges de Montmartre will allow you to leap into the future. Over the course of five days, the eight districts of the 18th arrondissement will gather and look into the future through a rich programme addressing themes such as green cities, science, intergenerationality, science fiction and utopia.
La Fête des Vendanges de Montmartre will once again expand beyond La Butte de Montmartre in order to highlight the originality and unique identity of the 18th arrondissement as a whole, a creative meeting-place between different generations, cultures and visions for the future.
18th arrondissement residents, Parisians, Ile-de-France inhabitants and tourists from all over the globe are welcome to take part in this happy “rendez-vous” and imagine a future for themselves and the world around them.
- Come and taste cuisines of France and elsewhere from the variety of stands of Le Parcours du Goût from Friday the 9th until Sunday the 11th October for the opportunity to share and discover.
- Over 1300 of the Montmartre steps will be painted by the school children of the 18th arrondissement, to create a futuristic atmosphere.
- Décibels Vendanges music festival will introduce you to the French emerging music scene over 4 days.
- Marzouk Machine company will offer a street theatre performance on Friday 9th 2070 along the « Esplanade Nathalie-Sarraute » to celebrate the Apocalypse and look back at the events that have changed the future of humankind.
- Le Grand Défilé will offer you a memorable show, creating a joyful and festive atmosphere, where tradition and modernity meet in a friendly parade.
- A fitness class will take place on Sunday the 11th October at the bottom of the Sacré-Coeur. Dress up and join in the fun!
- La Fête will invest in the city of tomorrow through an event in new Chapelle Charbon park, with a big picnic. Several generations will gather on Sunday 11th for this joyous meeting, attend a dance performance and take part in visits and workshops on ecology and environmental protection.
- Last but not least, come and dance in your best futuristic outfit at the base of the Sacré-Coeur for one last night of celebration!
… and many more events. Full programme HERE
All events are free-of-charge unless otherwise stated. Some events must be booked in advance or have special access conditions. Please have a look at the detailed programme for further information.
In accordance with French legislation and the recommendations of the health authorities, a series of measures will be taken to ensure you a safe experience.